If you haven’t already seen the video from the weekend, check it out by clicking here.
It was a fantastic day out, and a later start. That meant a little bit of a sleep in. It also meant getting home in the dark, cleaning boat in the dark and some half-arsed attempts at getting photos of the fish in the dark.
It was really difficult to show the size of the fish, unless you know how big our fish bag is. Here is one, just before I made my first (ever) attempt at filleting fish:
Once he sliced me up some nice pieces of sashimi, I turned it into this:
This is how I did it:
1. Prepare sushi rice – you can buy sushi rice at the supermarket. Cook according to instructions. Once almost cooled, stir in sushi seasoning until completely cooled.
2. Line ramekins or small bowls with gladwrap (plastic wrap).
3. line one layer of sashimi on base and sides of ramekin/bowl.
4. Brush a small amount of wasabi onto the sashimi (you only need a little bit, and others can add more for their taste later).
5. Press enough sushi rice into the middle so it is firmly packed.
6. Cover the top with gladwrap and store in the fridge until ready to be served.